Kenworth 2008 T608 - Fuel Efficiency Project
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this Kenworth truck on 6th February 2014.
The truck is powered by a Cummins 620Hp. It is used in a double road train configuration between Perth and Geraldton.
- To compare the improvement in diesel fuel consumption after installing the Biotechnix Fuel System with the 3 months prior to installing the Biotechnix Fuel System.
- After the Biotechnix Fuel System ‘bedded in’ (approx. two weeks) the fuel saving became evident.
- At the end of the 2 month project the overall fuel saving across the two months (40,793 kms) was 3.48%. This equates to 6,182 litres of fuel saved per year.
- Using a fuel cost of $1.45 per litre this translates into a projected saving of $8,964 per year or $17,928 over a 2 year period.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by 1.39 tonnes per month or approximately 16.66 tonnes per year.
“I first heard about Biotechnix on the internet. I was just searching for a way to save fuel for the company and it’s been pretty good ever since. We did a trial with two of our trucks and I wouldn’t turn back that is definite. We are looking at doing some other vehicles in our fleet.”
Ryan Preston, Transport Supervisor, Golden West Logistics