Kenworth Cummins Quad Road Trains - Fuel Efficiency Trial
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this Kenworth prime mover on October 28th 2011.
The truck is powered by a Cummins Signature 6 cylinder diesel engine rated at 525hp. It is used exclusively for coal hauling from the Acland Coal Mine to the Jondaryan Loading Facility.
- To compare the improvement in diesel fuel consumption after installing the Biotechnix Fuel System with the 2 months prior to installing the Biotechnix Fuel System.
- After the Biotechnix Fuel System ‘bedded in’ (approx. 2 weeks) the fuel saving became evident.
- At the end of the project the overall fuel saving across the two and a half months (49,919 kms) was 4%. This equates to 9,770 litres of fuel saved per year.
- Using a fuel cost of $1.45 per litre this translates into a projected saving of $14,167 per year or $28,334 over a 2 year period.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by 2.23 tonnes per month or approximately 26.8 tonnes per year.
- Drivers commented that