Kenworth K200 Heavy Haulage Float - Fuel Efficiency Project
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this Kenworth truck on 10th June 2014.
The truck is powered by a Cummins diesel engine. It is used for heavy haulage float work Australia wide.
- To compare the improvement in diesel fuel consumption after installing the Biotechnix Fuel System with the 5 months prior to installing the Biotechnix Fuel System.
- After the Biotechnix Fuel System ‘bedded in’ (approx. 2 weeks) the fuel saving became evident.
- At the end of the project the overall fuel saving across the six weeks (18,155 kms) was 9.78%. This equates to 5,546 litres of fuel saved per year.
- Using a fuel cost of $1.45 per litre this translates into a projected saving of $8,040 per year or $16,080 over a 2 year period.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by 1.25 tonnes per month or approximately 15 tonnes per year.