Kenworth T359 - Fuel Efficiency Project
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this Kenworth truck in January 2014.
The truck is powered by an ISM 11Lt Euro 5 Diesel Engine with an AdBlue emission reduction system. It is used in a Truck and Trailer configuration for transporting cars and light trucks Australia wide.
- To compare the improvement in diesel fuel consumption after installing the Biotechnix Fuel System with the 3 months prior to installing the Biotechnix Fuel System.
- After the Biotechnix Fuel System ‘bedded in’ (approx. 1 month) the fuel saving became evident.
- From this point onwards the monthly reduction in fuel consumption ranged between 4% - 7%.
- At the end of the 3.5 month project the overall fuel saving across the three and a half months (77,879 kms) was 4.04%. This equates to 4,386 litres of fuel saved per year.
- Using a fuel cost of $1.40 per litre this translates into a projected saving of $6,144 per year or $12,288 over a 2 year period.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by almost 1 tonne per month or approximately 11.82 tonnes per year.