Light Commercial (Mitsubishi FK) - Fuel Efficiency Project
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this Mitsubishi truck on 28th May 2011.
The truck is powered by a 6 cylinder, 6.5 Litre, 160HP turbo diesel engine. It operates in urban and suburban areas around south-east Queensland in connection with the owner’s transport business.
- To compare the improvement in diesel fuel consumption after installing the Biotechnix Fuel System with the 9 months prior to installing the Biotechnix Fuel System.
- After the Biotechnix Fuel System ‘bedded in’ (approx. 1 month) the fuel saving became evident.
- At the end of the project the overall fuel saving across the four months (16,094 kms) was 14%. This equates to 1,453 litres of fuel saved per year.
- Using a fuel cost of $1.45 per litre this translates into a projected saving of $2,107 per year or $4,216 over a 2 year period.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by 326kg per month or approximately 3.9 tonnes per year.