Light Commercial (Mitsubishi FM) - Fuel Efficiency Project
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this truck on 28th May 2011.
The truck is powered by a 6.0 litre diesel engine. It is used in urban and suburban areas of south-east Queensland in connection with the owner’s transport business.
- To compare the improvement in diesel fuel consumption after installing the Biotechnix Fuel System with the 9 months prior to installing the Biotechnix Fuel System.
- After the Biotechnix Fuel System ‘bedded in’ (approx. 1 month) the fuel saving became evident.
- At the end of the project the overall fuel saving across the four months (13,911 kms) was 7%. This equates to 887 litres of fuel saved per year.
- Using a fuel cost of $1.45 per litre this translates into a projected saving of $1,286 per year or $1,776 over a 2 year period.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by approximately 2.3 tonnes per year.