SAR Kenworth - Fuel Efficiency Project
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this Kenworth truck in January 2014.
The truck is powered by a Cummins Gen 2 EGR. It used in a B-Double configuration for transporting cars and light trucks Australia wide.
- To compare the improvement in diesel fuel consumption after installing the Biotechnix Fuel System with the 3 months prior to installing the Biotechnix Fuel System.
- After the Biotechnix Fuel System ‘bedded in’ (approx. 2 weeks after installation) the fuel saving became evident showing a 4.5% reduction in fuel consumption.
- From this point onwards the monthly reduction in fuel consumption was stable at around 4%.
- At the end of the project the overall fuel saving across the four months (75,940 kms) was 4.08%. This equates to 5,160 litres of fuel saved per year.
- Using a fuel cost of $1.40 per litre this translates into a projected saving of $7,224 per year or $14,448 over a 2 year period.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by almost 1.16 tonnes per month or approximately 13.91 tonnes per year.