Scania Prime Mover - Carbon Emissions Reduction & Oil Analysis
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this prime mover on 29th June 2010 immediately following a baseline DT-80 Emissions Test.
The truck is powered by a 16 Litre, Scania V8 diesel engine. It is used for interstate refrigerated produce delivery, hauling consistent loads of approximately 42 tonnes.
- To track the rate of improvement in smoke opacity through DT-80 Emissions Testing.
- Data is based on Emissions Test Reports produced by the Brisbane City Council during testing at the City Fleet Depot, Acacia Ridge, Brisbane.
- To measure the reduction on carbon residue in the vehicles lubrication oil system.
- Baseline tests prior to fitting the BFS showed maximum smoke opacity of 77.22%.
- After 3 months and 37,000km of travel with a BFS fitted, the maximum smoke opacity had dropped to an average of 31.03%.
- Improvement in maximum smoke opacity by over 57% and an improvement of 38% in overall average smoke opacity.
Oil carbon reduction
- Carbon deposit in centrifugal oil filter reduced by 68%.