Scania Prime Mover - Fuel Efficiency Trial
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this Scania truck on 20th September 2009.
The truck is powered by a Scania 16 litre V8 engine. For local delivery work around south-east Queensland turning over 12 driving shifts per week at the rate of about 500 kilometres per shift.
- To compare the improvement in diesel fuel consumption after installing the Biotechnix Fuel System with the month prior to installing the Biotechnix Fuel System.
- After the Biotechnix Fuel System ‘bedded in’ (approx. 2 weeks) the fuel saving became evident.
- At the end of the project the overall fuel saving across the nine and a half months (200,128 kms) was 7%. This equates to 8,152 litres of fuel saved per year.
- Using a fuel cost of $1.45 per litre this translates into a projected saving of $11,820 per year or $23,640 over a 2 year period.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by 1.86 tonnes per month or approximately 22.3 tonnes per year.