Volvo FH16 - Fuel Efficiency Project
Biotechnix installed the Biotechnix Fuel System on this Volvo on the 8th August 2012.
The truck is powered by D16G engine. It is used in a B-Double configuration. The truck transports coal 24 hours a day for a mining operation in NSW. It had very high fuel consumption as it operated on Mt Ousley.
- To compare the improvement in diesel fuel consumption after installing the Biotechnix Fuel System with the 3 months prior to installing the Biotechnix Fuel System.
- After the Biotechnix Fuel System ‘bedded in’ (approx. 2 weeks) the fuel saving became evident.
- At the end of the 2 month project the overall fuel saving across the two months (29,592 kms) was 4.89%. This equates to 7,260 litres of fuel saved per year.
- Using a fuel cost of $1.45 per litre this translates into a projected saving of $10,524 per year or $21,048 over a 2 year period.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by 1.6 tonnes per month or approximately 19.2 tonnes per year.